K10 Watchdog Timeout Setting

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K10 Watchdog Timeout Setting

maxpag
Contributor I

I'd like to configure the watchdog timer on my K10. More precisely I can't find a formula to fill-in WDOG_TOVALH and WDOG_TOVALL from my timeout value expressed in seconds (or ms). I'm using LPO clock and WDOG_PRES is set to 0.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

The Watchdog Time-out Value Register defined in terms of cycles of the watchdog clock. WDOG_TOVALL defines the upper 16 bits of the 32-bit time-out value for the watchdog timer, and WDOG_TOVALL defines the lower 16 bits of the 32-bit time-out value for the watchdog timer.

WDOG_TOVAL.png

Since you are using 1kHz LPO clock and WDOG_PRES is set to 0, one watchdog clock cycle is 1ms.

Your timeout value expressed in ms will equal to the 32-bit time-out value for the watchdog timer.

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Oleksii
Contributor I

So, to have 4s delay: 
WDOG_TOVALH=0x0

WDOG_TOVALL=0x0FA0

Am I correct ?

Thank you very much in advance for the reply.

0 Kudos