cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K10 ADC and Comparator Question

korbse
Contributor I

Hi all,

I've got two questions regarding the MK10DX128VLL7 CPU which we are currently considering for a new project:

1. Am I right that if I use say ADC0 for differential sampling normal sampling won't work and I have only left the 16 ADC channels of ADC1 for single-ended conversions?
  2. Is it possible to configure the comparators to use a single external reference voltage instead of providing each one with its own?

Thanks in advance for answering,

Markus

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

Hi M K

You can find the ADC channel assignment for MK10DX128VLL7 in page 100 of the reference manual, the table specify which channels are available when the ADC differential sampling is enabled.

Regarding the comparators, they all share VREF output / IN5, you can check the CMP internal connection table in page 108 of the reference manual.

0 Kudos

korbse
Contributor I

Thank you Pedro for your answer. However, regarding the comparators CMP2 doesn't seem to share VREFout at IN5. At least in my RM (Rev. 1, March 2012).

Nevertheless, I can't see a way to use VREFout in connection with an external reference voltage. Or is there a way to route an arbitrary external voltage to VREFout internally?

0 Kudos

apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

I'm afraid not, you need to connect the VREF signals externally

0 Kudos