cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to run bluetooth demo applications with USB-KW41Z

bijeshc
Contributor I

Hi,
I am trying to run a bluetooth low energy demo application using USB-KW41Z device using the demo applications available with USB-KW41Z installation. But as per the Bluetooth® Low Energy Demo Applications User’s Guide, the USB-KW41Z board is mainly targeted for sniffer applications and the demo application testing is done with FRDM-KW41Z platform and a Bluetooth Low Energy capable central device. If the USB-KW41Z is not meant for bluetooth demo applications, what is the use of .launch files in FreeRTOS-->kds folder? And if USB-KW41Z can be used for bluetooth demo applications what is the procedure to be followed?

Regards,

Bijesh

0 Kudos
1 Reply

gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Bijesh C,

Yes, you can use the USB-KW41Z to run the Bluetooth demo applications.

I believe you are using the Kinetis KW41Z Connectivity Software (REV 1.0.2). This version of the software supports KDS and IAR IDEs. You can refer to the "<ConnSw>\docs\wireless\Bluetooth\BLE Quick Start Guide.pdf" document for instructions on how to run the demos.

Please note that there is a newer version of the wireless stacks available from the MCUXpresso SDK Builder. This newer SDK is supported in MCUXpresso v10.0.2 and IAR IDEs.

Best regards,

Gerardo

0 Kudos