Introducing the Freescale Freedom Development Platform FRDM-KL25Z

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The FRDM-KL25Z is an ultra-low-cost development platform enabled by Kinetis L Series KL1 and KL2 MCUs families built on ARM® Cortex™-M0+ processor. Features include easy access to MCU I/O, battery-ready, low-power operation, a standard-based form factor with expansion board options and a built-in debug interface for flash programming and run-control. The FRDM-KL25Z is supported by a range of Freescale and third-party development software.

FreedomAngle.jpg

Features

• MKL25Z128VLK4 MCU – 48 MHz, 128 KB flash, 16 KB SRAM, USB OTG (FS), 80LQFP
  • Capacitive touch “slider,” MMA8451Q accelerometer, tri-color LED
  • Easy access to MCU I/O
  • Sophisticated OpenSDA debug interface
  • Mass storage device flash programming interface (default) – no tool installation required to evaluate demo apps
  • P&E Multilink interface provides run-control debugging and compatibility with IDE tools
  • Open-source data logging application provides an example for customer, partner and enthusiast development on the OpenSDA circuit

Take a look at these application notes:

Learn more...

Comments

Is a bill of materials available, or specifically, a part number for the optional coin cell holder?

Hello William,  you can use Keystone - 3003 .

Thanks Alberto!

if you are going to use the battery holder please add some solder to the battery center ground pad before you place the holder to ensure the battery makes good contact with the pad.

I was wondering about that, re: the solder mask.

yes the solder mask is higher than the bare pad. =)

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎09-24-2012 03:48 PM
Updated by: