How to modify FTFL_FOPT register on Kinetis K10 to change boot options?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify FTFL_FOPT register on Kinetis K10 to change boot options?

Jump to solution
peterkrause
Contributor I

Hello.

I want to activate the low-power boot modus. Therefore I need to set the LPBOOT bit in the FTFL_FOPT register to zero. The register value is stored in flash. But in the reference manual there is no description how to chance the value.

Can somebody explain how to change the value?

MCU: MK10DX256VLH7

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Peter:

The procedure to write to specific Flash address is compiler specific, hence different between IDEs. That is why it is not mentioned in the Reference Manual.

- If using CodeWarrior, you can declare an array in any of your source files (usually one of the startup files) containing the Flash Configuration Field values.

:smileyalert: The .cfmconfig section is declared at address 0x00000400 in the linker file, so you have to include ALL the flash configuration bytes, even with the default values:

/* Flash configuration field */

__attribute__ ((section (".cfmconfig"))) const uint8_t _cfm[0x10] = {

/* NV_BACKKEY3: KEY=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_BACKKEY2: KEY=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_BACKKEY1: KEY=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_BACKKEY0: KEY=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_BACKKEY7: KEY=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_BACKKEY6: KEY=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_BACKKEY5: KEY=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_BACKKEY4: KEY=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_FPROT3: PROT=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_FPROT2: PROT=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_FPROT1: PROT=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_FPROT0: PROT=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_FSEC: KEYEN=1,MEEN=3,FSLACC=3,SEC=2 */

0x7EU,

/* NV_FOPT: ??=1,??=1,??=1,??=1,??=1,NMI_DIS=1,EZPORT_DIS=1,LPBOOT=0 */

0xFEU,

/* NV_FEPROT: EPROT=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_FDPROT: DPROT=0xFF */

0xFFU

};

- With Processor Expert this is easier, just enable Low Power Boot from the CPU component settings:

pastedImage_5.png

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Peter:

The procedure to write to specific Flash address is compiler specific, hence different between IDEs. That is why it is not mentioned in the Reference Manual.

- If using CodeWarrior, you can declare an array in any of your source files (usually one of the startup files) containing the Flash Configuration Field values.

:smileyalert: The .cfmconfig section is declared at address 0x00000400 in the linker file, so you have to include ALL the flash configuration bytes, even with the default values:

/* Flash configuration field */

__attribute__ ((section (".cfmconfig"))) const uint8_t _cfm[0x10] = {

/* NV_BACKKEY3: KEY=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_BACKKEY2: KEY=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_BACKKEY1: KEY=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_BACKKEY0: KEY=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_BACKKEY7: KEY=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_BACKKEY6: KEY=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_BACKKEY5: KEY=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_BACKKEY4: KEY=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_FPROT3: PROT=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_FPROT2: PROT=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_FPROT1: PROT=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_FPROT0: PROT=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_FSEC: KEYEN=1,MEEN=3,FSLACC=3,SEC=2 */

0x7EU,

/* NV_FOPT: ??=1,??=1,??=1,??=1,??=1,NMI_DIS=1,EZPORT_DIS=1,LPBOOT=0 */

0xFEU,

/* NV_FEPROT: EPROT=0xFF */

0xFFU,

/* NV_FDPROT: DPROT=0xFF */

0xFFU

};

- With Processor Expert this is easier, just enable Low Power Boot from the CPU component settings:

pastedImage_5.png

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
peterkrause
Contributor I

Hello Jorge,

thanks for your answer. I'm using CodeWarrior without Processor Expert. I added the code to my startup-code. It seems to be working. But it seems to me that all clocks are devided by 8 now. Furthermore I'm not able to flash my CPU with the debugger (Segger J-Link) any longer and it's not possible to erase the whole device. The debugger is not able to reset the device. What can I do now?

Edit:

I reduced the JTAG speed from 4 MHz to 1 MHz and I was able to flash the device.

0 Kudos
peterkrause
Contributor I

OK, I fixed the problem with the low CPU and peripheral speed. After activating the LP boot mode you have to set the correct clock dividers in the SIM_CLKDIV1 register, since the LP boot has different default values for this register (in comparison to the normal boot mode).

0 Kudos