How can I communicate with Three-Phase Power Meter board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I communicate with Three-Phase Power Meter board?

raphaelcamargo
Contributor I

Hello,

we developed a board based on the product of NXP called Three-Phase Power Meter (on this link: https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/nxp-designs/three-phase-power-meter-reference-design...), that uses the MKM34Z256 as the processor. We installed on this processor the firmware that is suggested by NXP( it is on this link:Three Phase Power Meter Reference Design|NXP ). Now we need to know how to conect to the processor to calibrate it. There is a project developed to FREEMASTER that we can use to talk with the processor and calibrate it? There is another software that we can use as driver?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Yes, The FreeMASTER data visualization and calibration software is used for data exchange. The FreeMASTER software running on a computer communicates with the MKM34Z256 three-phase power meter over isolated RS232 or IR interface. The communication is interrupt driven and is active when the power meter is powered from the mains voltage. The FreeMASTER software allows remote visualization, parameterization and calibration of the power meter. It runs visualization scripts which are embedded into a FreeMASTER project file.

You may see more detail from below attachment, including document and sample driver.

0 Kudos

raphaelcamargo
Contributor I

Those files we already had but they don't have the *.pmp file that we need to use the FREEMASTER to connect to the KM34Z256.

For example in the DRM149SW (it is related to two phases power meter, you can get it in this link:https://www.nxp.com/webapp/sps/download/preDownload.jsp ) we have the file "freescale\KM128SW2PHMET_R4_0_0\build\iar_7_40\projects\2phmet\2PHmet.pmp"; we need this kind of file to the three phases power meter and it does not exist in the DRM162. It is possible to you send this file to us?

0 Kudos