cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Program MKW21D256V with 10pin J-Link Programmer

ultrademon666
Contributor I

Hello people of the forum:

I need to program a MKW21D256V using a Segger J-Link's J-TAG and a 10-pin connector for the J-Link.

The documentation doesn't inform about the pins for TRST and RTCK signals.

Microcontrollers of the same family like the MK20DX128VLH5 uses those pins and are necessary for programming  the chip properly.

I would like to know the correct way to connect and program the MKW21D256V using the J-Link and the 10-pin connector.

Thank you.

2 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jose:

The 10-pin connector you talk about has only 9 populated pins, right?

You can refer to the schematics of the tower board TWR-KW21D256, which is available in a package called "TWR-KW21D256_PCBRD" at the next link, under "Printed Circuit Boards and Schematics...":

KW2x: Kinetis KW2x Family of 2.4 GHz RF MCUs

The tower board actually has a 19-pin header connector, but the first 1-10 pins match those of the 9-pin connector in J-link.

Hope this helps!

Regards!
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Dear Jose Daniel Pena,

Thank you for your post, however please consider moving it to the right community place for better visibility.

For details please see general advice https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-99909

Thank you for using Freescale Community.

Regards,

Wlodek_D.

0 Kudos