Hi All,

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venky0215
Contributor I

This is Venkatesh, I'm working on FRDM-KL25Z board, while debugging the openOCD & PNE its throwing an error stating Error Launch Sequnce and while debugging the error I was even unable to find the port from the dropdown. I thank everyone in advance .

1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Venkatesh G,

What the IDE you are using?

Actually, you can use the opensda or the JLINK debug firmware, then you don't need to use the openOCD.

I think you can try the JLINK firmware.

Please change the JLINK firmware follow this step:

1. Download the JLINK driver from this link:

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - Downloads 

Then install it at first.

2. Please download my attached file, and unzip it, you will get 12_OpenSDA_FRDM-KL25Z.bin file.

1) unplug the KL25 board

2) press the on board reset button, and hold on it, then plug the USB cable to the PC(win7 system), you will find a BOOTLOADER device, then release the reset button.

3)Send 12_OpenSDA_FRDM-KL25Z.bin to the BOOTLOADER device, and wait the sending is finished.

4) unplug the board an plug it again,  you will find your board is the JLINK debugger

3. in the IDE, choose the JLINK interface to download the code.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
venky0215
Contributor I

Hi Kerry,

I got the issue resolved , Thank you for the reply.

Thanks

Venkatesh.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Venkatesh G,

What the IDE you are using?

Actually, you can use the opensda or the JLINK debug firmware, then you don't need to use the openOCD.

I think you can try the JLINK firmware.

Please change the JLINK firmware follow this step:

1. Download the JLINK driver from this link:

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - Downloads 

Then install it at first.

2. Please download my attached file, and unzip it, you will get 12_OpenSDA_FRDM-KL25Z.bin file.

1) unplug the KL25 board

2) press the on board reset button, and hold on it, then plug the USB cable to the PC(win7 system), you will find a BOOTLOADER device, then release the reset button.

3)Send 12_OpenSDA_FRDM-KL25Z.bin to the BOOTLOADER device, and wait the sending is finished.

4) unplug the board an plug it again,  you will find your board is the JLINK debugger

3. in the IDE, choose the JLINK interface to download the code.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!