Help Kinetis k70

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Kinetis k70

angae
Contributor I

Hi All,I am new in the forum and in the freescale environment. I have to work with kinetis k70 and actually I am triying to use the TWR-K70. Are there any examples about kinetis k70 on line?

I need basic examples  about the ISR, Clock managment , communication module( Uart, Can, ecc).

I don't want to use the example projects made from freescale's web site because I prefer to write by my selft  the function for register setting in order to understand better the kinetis functionality.

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

angae
Contributor I

Hi all,

thank you. I have already downloaded the source files that you said...so I'll try to deal with them.

Thanks again

Gae

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you are interested in USB with the K70, then this might be helpful for you:

USB with the TWR-K60F120M and TWR-K70F120M | MCU on Eclipse

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Anania:

I know you said no projects made by Freescale, but have you checked the examples in the "KINETIS_120MHz_SC" zip, available from the next link?:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=K70_120&nodeId=01624698C9DE2DDDB1&fps...

Those are simple projects that serve you as a start point. You can compare the code in there with the MCU Reference Manual and learn from that.

You also count with processor expert, which allows you to initialize and create peripheral drivers. You can as well analyze the generated code and your expertise with the MCU will ramp up faster.

Processor Expert - Introduction (CodeWarrior)

Kinetis are powerful MCUs but that involves moderate complexity in comparison with old devices, not to mention that you chose K70, which has a bunch of features. I think it is better if you have some reference and start from there instead of jumping into the hundreds of pages from the Reference Manual.

Regards :smileyhappy:

/Jorge González

0 Kudos

PBH
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anania,

Try downloading the KINETIS_120MHZ_SC zip archived source code from the following URL - K70_120 Product Summary Page

I found that this was a good place to start and build on.

Cheers,

Pete

0 Kudos