Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP] UART with PE KL25Z board (KDS)

Jump to solution
mr_max
Contributor IV

Hello !

I try to send characters form the KL25Z board to my computer with UART0 . I already achieved this task in a baremetal project but now I would like to use  PE and I'm a very beginner with PE.

So what I did :

First : Added Serial_LDD component in my KDS project and configure setting like this :

Capture d’écran 2015-02-26 à 15.58.11.png

Capture d’écran 2015-02-26 à 15.58.24.png

Capture d’écran 2015-02-26 à 15.58.41.png

Then I write the code :

This is main.c with initialisation of UART0 and Timer 1

Capture d’écran 2015-02-26 à 16.13.30.png

In Event.h, I set some declaration :

Capture d’écran 2015-02-26 à 16.22.40.png

Finally, I send character 'A' when Timer 1 interrupt occur (every 500ms). I also blink the blue LED.

Capture d’écran 2015-02-26 à 16.14.16.png

The problems come when I start debugging. First, character are not received from KL board when I call UART0_SendBlock method.

And second, the programme seem to be stuck when I call UART0_CancelBlockTransmission method. The code stuck at PE_DEBUGHALT() :

Capture d’écran 2015-02-26 à 16.17.32.png

I don't know what to do... I need your help pleas :smileyhappy:

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

In the KDS install folder you can fin the Component User Guide for the Processor Expert components. In those guides you can find the complete information for all the methods and a typical usage example that will help you to understand how to use the methods of the component.

The Component user guides are in : <install_folder>\KDS_2.0.0\eclipse\ProcessorExpert\Help\ComponentUserGuides. Attached you can find the guider for the Serial_LDD component.

Hope this information can help you

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

In the KDS install folder you can fin the Component User Guide for the Processor Expert components. In those guides you can find the complete information for all the methods and a typical usage example that will help you to understand how to use the methods of the component.

The Component user guides are in : <install_folder>\KDS_2.0.0\eclipse\ProcessorExpert\Help\ComponentUserGuides. Attached you can find the guider for the Serial_LDD component.

Hope this information can help you

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
mr_max
Contributor IV

Great document. It's work now. Thank you ! :smileyhappy: 

0 Kudos