cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAVC Demo for MCUxpresso and FreeRTOS

Jump to solution
MWMinor
Contributor V

I have previously used the TWR-K60D100M board to run the HVAC demo application with MQX/Codewarrior. We are migrating to MCUxpresso and FreeRTOS for our new product development platforms. Is there an HAVC demo programme or similar available for the new s/w platform...?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I understand your point.

Regarding your migration, this is going to be from scratch. And the best reference is the examples for the TWR-K60D100M SDK (which include FreeRTOS examples).

On the other hand, you also can take as reference the SDK examples of others EVKs with Kinetis K series.

To get familiar with MCUXpresso-IDE you can consult its respective page where you will found trainings and guides.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and for using our community.

There is no HVAC demo for K60 with MCUXpresso. However there is a HVAC solution with MagniV:

Designing Smart and Cost-Efficient HVAC Blower Systems with NXP MagniV Integrated Solutions

Taking advantage of your IDE migration, it may be worth doing an MCU migration too.

On the other hand, looking at an HVAC system, the main sub-system is about motor control. For that NXP has a broad portfolio of solutions. I suggest you consult the following links:

Automotive Motor Control Solutions

MCUXpresso SDK for Motor Control

Hope it helps you.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos
MWMinor
Contributor V

Hi

Thanks for the information.

We have standardised on the K60 MCU, but would like to use the same processor for the new design but develop the application with the MCUxpresso FreeRTOS tools.

The reason I asked about the HVAC application, was that it gave a useful starting place for developing a web-based application in a server client configuration. We have also considered Azure RTOS as an alternative, but there just doesn't seem to be examples to help us get started.

Could you point us in the right direction...?

Thanks

0 Kudos
_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I understand your point.

Regarding your migration, this is going to be from scratch. And the best reference is the examples for the TWR-K60D100M SDK (which include FreeRTOS examples).

On the other hand, you also can take as reference the SDK examples of others EVKs with Kinetis K series.

To get familiar with MCUXpresso-IDE you can consult its respective page where you will found trainings and guides.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos