cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with S32K148

michael_bauer
Contributor II

Hello,

I am just beginning a project with the S32K148 microcontroller.  We have S32K148EVB-Q176 eval boards in hand to start with.  I followed S32K148EVB-QSG to install the S32 design studio IDE.  I also found the S32K148_EVB_JumpStart_Firmware which has a number of examples for the S32K14x for a few interfaces.  These examples seem to be geared to the eval board layout.

We will be moving to a custom board with the S32K148 soon.  I am wondering if there is any tool available that helps a developer configure the processor pin IO and peripherals.  I've seen some for other modern microcontrollers that give you a GUI to configure these and there is an auto code generator to quickly create initialization code. 

Also, are there any modeling tools that might help a developer quickly implement logic?

I appreciate any pointers just getting up and running here.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
2 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Michael,

S32 Design Studio is delivered with Processor Expert support included. Processor Expert software allows generation of configuration structures for peripheral drivers from S32 SDK. With the help of Eclipse-based graphical interface where you can configure your driver and generate corresponding configuration structure. This tool doesn't generate source code for S32 family, it only generates configurations data structures.

You can find more information about this in the S32SDK_S32K148_UserManual.pdf document, which you can find on the following path of your PC: C:\nxp\S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1\S32DS\S32SDK_S32K1xx_RTM_3.0.0\doc

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

michael_bauer
Contributor II

Thank you for your response.  From a brief look at the description this sounds like what I was looking for.  Thank you.

0 Kudos