Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Board Debugger Undetected

Jump to solution
zywoo
Contributor II

Hi All,

I would like to download my code into Freedom board and debug it line by line. Unfortunately I could not do it even I have flash it with DEBUG-APP_Pemicro_v106.SDA.

I am using CodeWorrier 10.4, vmware Window XP 32-bit. XP is able to detect two new devices, PEmicro OpenSDA Debug Driver, OpenSDA CDC serial port. Both are able to install successfully!

I did try to use this board on my host machine but it fail because there is no driver for OpenSDA Debug that is supported for Windows 7 64-bit.

Please help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
zywoo
Contributor II

Hi I think I found the solution for my host machine.

I have to download from P&E Microcomputer Systems(Windows USB Driver) and install PEDrivers_install.exe. Without installing this exe file, nothing will works!

I am going to try this on my guest machine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
zywoo
Contributor II

Hi I think I found the solution for my host machine.

I have to download from P&E Microcomputer Systems(Windows USB Driver) and install PEDrivers_install.exe. Without installing this exe file, nothing will works!

I am going to try this on my guest machine.

0 Kudos
zywoo
Contributor II

Hi all,

The OpenSDA also working in my VMware XP. The same old thing, I need to install the .exe file then only I can get it fully working. Only installing the driver will not work at all. So please remember to install the .exe if you need to use OpenSDA.

I hope this kind of instruction can be found in Freescale. Freescale did provide many documents but finding them is really pain in the ass. I hope Freescale put more efforts in improving this. No matter how many documents you have, if they are hidden from the user then they are useless.

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

>>"I did try to use this board on my host machine but it fail because there is no driver for OpenSDA Debug that is supported for Windows 7 64-bit."

I have Windows 7 64-bit, and it works for me?

0 Kudos
zywoo
Contributor II

how? can you please give me some guild? especially what driver are you using? I could not even install the driver!

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Nothing special at all: pressing the reset button while plugging in the board, then it enumerates as BOOTLOADER (MSD disk). No driver is necessary for this.

In case drivers have not been installed properly: have a look here

Fixing the USB Drivers

P&E installs drivers here:

C:\PEmicro\PEDrivers

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos