cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeMaster interface usage

diego_ambroggi
Contributor I

Hi everybody

I tried to use FreeMaster interface in my project but it doesn't work.

I Created component in Processor Expert choosing UART0 and I called "FMSTR1_Poll()" in main loop.

I can't find examples for this. 

Have some tips for me?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
5 Replies

marciol_carleto
Contributor I

Hi,

I´m facing the same problem here, the difference is that I`m using  S9KEAZ128AVLH instead.

I have tried using Freemaster PEx component on UART1 (PTC6 and PTC7 pins communicating thru RS232 to my PC), initialized UART1 and called FMSTR_Init(); before the main loop and inside the main loop I have called FMSTR_Recorder(); and FMSTR_Poll(); but I wasn´t able to communicate with Freemaster at all (I got this error message: Can not detect the board information! The communication will be paused. Error code: 0x8000101 (Respose timout).)

If I use S32 with Freemaster KSDK I got the same issue doing the steps above. Can you guys send me an example build project using Freemaster, S9KEAZ128AVLH  and UART1?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please let me know what NXP part number used. Thanks.

0 Kudos

diego_ambroggi
Contributor I

Hi Fang

I'm using S9KEAZ64AMLH

Best regards

Diego

0 Kudos

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

It seems that your FreeMaster configuration is not correct. Please make reference from below post on step by step config the FreeMaster:

Tutorial: FreeMASTER Visualization and Run-Time Debugging | MCU on Eclipse 

0 Kudos

sparkee
Contributor V

I know this is an old post but does it not seem ridiculous that an NXP employee recommends a third party blogger for information on how to use an NXP product?  

"How do you use our product?  There's a guy living in his mom's basement in Ottawa that figured it out, go ask him."

Tags (1)
0 Kudos