Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexMemory questions

gaminn
Contributor IV

Hello,

can you please answer my questions about FlexMemory:

1) Can I use FlexMemory simultaneously with standard flash memory for executing my program when EEPROM is not needed (in other words - can I have 512kb program loaded in device which has 256kb standard flash + 256kb FlexMemory)?

2) How can I program FlexMemory (when EEPROM is not needed)? I can program standard flash memory with eg. "Program longword" command (0x06) supplying flash address of longword to be programmed in FCCOB1, 2, 3. However, FlexMemory of my device is located at address 0x10000000 which doesn't fit into 24 bits of FCCOB1, 2, 3.

Thanks

Martin

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

Hi Martin, regarding your questions:

1. Yes you can use the total amount of memory ()Flash + Flex NVM) as program memory
  2. Yes, you can program the Flex NVM locations like nomrla flash space however the addressing mode differs, instead of entering the whole location address in FCCOBx registers (24 bits), a driver is used to "calculate" the location using the 0x0080_0000 base address.

You can check in detail how this is done in the "C90TFS_FLASH_DRIVER" example in the following link right under Device drivers, open the normal demo.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=K60_100&nodeId=01624698C9DE2DDDAF&fps...

0 Kudos