cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexCAN Module Compliance

dakutaga
Contributor I

Dear NXP Community,

We are using the Kinetis MKE18F512VLH16 and the S32K family FS32K144HAT0MLHT FlexCAN modules. My understanding is that both are compliant to the ISO 11898-1 standard, and the CAN 2.0 version B protocol. I have the following questions regarding this:

1) How was the FlexCAN module compliance to ISO 11898-1 standard and CAN 2.0 B protocol specifications verified?

2) Was the FlexCAN module part of a CAN conformance test that was in accordance with the ISO 16845-1 CAN conformance test plan?

3) Are there any documents or reports available regarding the results of this conformance testing and were there any notable deviations to the standards?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Doran Akutagawa

0 Kudos
5 Replies

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI @dakutaga 

Regarding your questions: 

1. How was the FlexCAN module compliance to ISO 11898-1 standard and CAN 2.0 B protocol specifications verified?

Following the ISO 16845-1, which specifies the conformance test for CAN protocols and CAN FD protocols, to verify all the specifications standardized in ISO 11898-1.

The ISO 11898-1 is an international standard for CAN, based in the CAN Bosch Standard that includes the CAN 2.0 B.

2 Was the FlexCAN module part of a CAN conformance test that was in accordance with the ISO 16845-1 CAN conformance test plan?

Yes. The ISO 16845-1:2016 includes testing for CAN FD. The testing results can be found in the test reports, see the below answer. 

3) Are there any documents or reports available regarding the results of this conformance testing and were there any notable deviations to the standards?

There are   the tests report for S32K1's and KEA MCU's (the MKE18 does not have this report, only the KEA that is automotive grade).  To obtain them, an NDA is required. Let me know if you need help with this, so I can redirect you to the proper person

Please accept my apologies for the delay. 

I hope this could help you

Diego

0 Kudos

dakutaga
Contributor I

Dear Diego,

Thank you for looking into my questions. I have just a couple follow up questions:

4) Is the FlexCAN module in the KE18F we are using the same as those in the devices that were tested?

5) I believe we already have an NDA in place between Crane Aerospace and NXP. Would you be able to get us in contact with someone who would be able to help us obtain the ISO 11898-1 compliance report?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Doran

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Doran!

I will be glad to help you!  please check my follow up email\

All the best , 

Diego

0 Kudos

dakutaga
Contributor I

Thank you Diego.

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @dakutaga 

I hope that you are doing well!

I am currently checking this internally, and I will get back to you as soon I get feedback.

All the best, 

Diego.

0 Kudos