cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First board Kinetis K60

paczkaexpres
Contributor II

Hi,

I am amatour robot designer. In my short live I build a lot of different construction for example robot arm , propeller clock , microsumo robot, minisumo robot (btw. my last minisumo (Mirror) robot won the European robot competition in third place). All of this construction connect one thing. This is the CPU. I used to use Atmega CPUs ,but today I am going to change my preferences to Freescale CPUs. Three days ago I sarted design new board where the CPU will be MK60DN512VLL10. I have got some troubles. Firstly I couldn`t find any library of this CPU to Altium Designer (but I designe new library in my own). Second problem is that I can`t find any datasheet ,only one I found have got only 70 pages and I haven`t got there any informations about: How to programm this CPU ? What functions have right pins (I don`t know how to write it in english. I mean for example PTE5). What is the minimum connection of the processor outputs ?

I need some examples of board with this CPU.

I will be greatful for any help. Z góry dziękuję.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

paczkaexpres
Contributor II

Thanks for help. Mayby someone of you tried to program Freescale mcu using evaluating board ? I read that using Freedom board I can program only another Freedom board.

I have got second mcu but I can`t figure out what his name is (on mcu is description -> M10a7v).

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paczyński,

I am sorry for the reply so late because I am on vacation. I think use evaluating board to program Freescale mcu could work. For example, we can use the OpenSDA interface of FRDMKL25Z to debug an off-board MCU. The second MCU is K10 series.

The attached is K10 Family Product Brief then you can find the detail description of your MCU in it.

Best Regards,

Ping

0 Kudos

paczkaexpres
Contributor II

I designed my own library of this CPU. I would like to share it in this forum but I don`t know how to do this.

Can you tell me how I can program this MCU ? I need additional programming module ? I have got freescale XL StarBoard and Freedom board. Can I use this evaluating board to program ?

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paczyński,

I'm glad to learn that you desgned the library of K60 and want to share it with others in community. To share it, you can click the Create(Fig 1), then select the Document or Blog Post to introduce your library is Ok.

Fig 2 shows the supported programmer of K60 and the linker is below. I think use evaluating board to program is available and the details you can refer to the User's Manual of the evaluating board.

3.jpg  Fig 1

4.jpg

Fig 2

K60_120 Product Summary Page

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi paczkaexpres

Congratulation  you win the European robot competition in third place and I'm also glad that you choose Freescale MCU in your new desgin. About your first question, Freescale hasn't provide the library of MCU based on Altium Designer now, however the library based Cadence is provided. Then I will provide you some links which you will find information about K60 which is helpful for your desgin.

www.freescale.com/TWR-K60N512

K60_100 Product Summary Page

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos