Facing a problem in programming a blank mk20dx128vll7 microcontroller using PE multilink universal

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing a problem in programming a blank mk20dx128vll7 microcontroller using PE multilink universal

parthmodi
Contributor I

Hello,

I have freescale 's kineties series MK20dx128vll7 microcontroller and i want to program it using the PE micro multilink universal programmer.I used the port B of PE micro programmer for programming this controller. I use the JTAG interface for the programming the MCU and I also use IAR Work banch for development .

I am facing the problem in the target detection and programme the controller.I also tried to dump a program using SWD interface.I also follow the step as per the described in the PEmicro multilink univesal user guide.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in this case.

Please let me know if you need more information form my side.

Thanks,

Parth Modi

0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Parth Modi,

Which pin you connect to your chip in the P&E multilink?

PORTB is the standard ARM JTAG interface, if you wan to use the SWD to debug your MK20DX128VLL7, you need to use these 5 pins in PORTB:

61.jpg

VCC is connect to 3.3V, TMS is connect to MCU SWD_DIO, TCLK is connect to MCU SWD_CLK, reset need to connec to the RESET_b pin, then connect the GND together.

Please check your pin connections, if the pin is connect wrong, you can't download code successfully.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know.

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

parthmodi
Contributor I

Hi Jingjing,

Thanks for your quick response.

We have tried with the both the JTAG and SWD programming protocol . We are use the below pin connection for the JATG and SWD debugging.

We have also tested the same scenario with PORT G of PEmicro Multilink programmer.

- Connection details for the SWD interface.

MK20DX128VLL7 controller Pin Name                  PE micro Multilink Universal pin name(port B)

SWD_DIO                     is connected to                SWD_DIO(pin 7)

SWD_CLK                     is connected to                SWD_CLK(pin 9)

RESET_B                      is connected to                RESET_B(pin 15)

GND                               is connected to                GND(pin 4)

- Connection details for the JTAG interface.

MK20DX128VLL7 controller Pin Name                   PE micro Multilink Universal pin name(port B)

JTAG_TCLK                is connected to                  TCK(pin 9)

JTAG_TDI                    is connected to                  TDI(pin 5)

JTAG_TDO                  is connected to                  TDO(pin 13)

JTAG_TMS                   is connected to                  TMS(pin 7)

RESET_B                     is connected to                  RESET_B(Pin 15)

GND                              is connected to                GND (pin 4)

Note:

1. we have checked SWD_DIO pin with and without pullup resistor 10K.

2.  Giving external 3.3V power supply to MK20DX128VLL7 controller

3.  We have checked EZP_CS_b with pull up and pull down resistor for normal and EZport mode.

-Please see the detailed screenshot of error and i also send the IAREW's setting's screenshot.

sc4.jpgSC1.jpgsc2.jpgsc3.jpg

-Here target detection yellow LED did not turn ON.

Please let me know if you need more information from my side.

Thanks,

Parth

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Parth,

Thank you for your details, and sorry for my later reply!

Your connection is correct, besides, add 4.7K to 10K pull-up in NMI pin.

Did you create the test project by yourself?

It seems you are using the TWR-K20D72M board's flashloader, actually, tower board is using K20DX256VLL7, this flash and RAM all larger than your chip.

So, to confirm it is not the software problem, could you download a KDS IDE and create a barebone project, and download it again?

You can download KDS from this link:

Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development Envir|NXP

Or you can install the IDE, I will help you to create a new project, and you just need to download it.

If your MCU is not broken, your hardware and JTAG or SWD interface have no problem.

Have a great day,
Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos