cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL26Z Single-ended ADC issue

elisa_mejia
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using a FRDM-KL26Z board to acquire data using ADC module. However, it doesn't seem to be working properly because of the voltage references. I've checked VDDA, VREFH, VSSA and VREFL and they are all 3.3V and GND, respectively, but the ADC result saturates at 1.05 V, and below that it doesn't have a linear response.

I am not sure what is happening but the code I'm using is very simple and has been shown to work properly in other FRDM boards. I'm even using the PE example published by @ErichStyger on the FRDM-KL25Z (https://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/02/10/tutorial-adc-with-the-freedom-board/comment-page-1/), but I'm having the same result. My first hypothesis is that the issue is due to hardware, but I'm not sure if there is anything else I'd need to check on the board.

Could anyone give me some light with this?

Best regards,

Elisa

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Elisa,

Please select FRDM-KL26Z and build the SDK_2.2.0_FRDM-KL26Z.

select FRDM-KL26Z.jpg
Then you can test the ADC examples.
I have test the frdmkl26z_driver_examples_adc16_interrupt on FRDM-KL26Z, connect the ADC signal at pin11 J4.
I am able to get the ADC result below 1.05V.

frdmkl26z_driver_examples_adc16_interrupt.jpg

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

elisa_mejia
Contributor I

Dear Robin,

Thank you for your suggestion. I did what you say but I'm still having the same issues. The ADC value changes up to about 1 V and then saturates. Is there any other suggestion? Could it be that I need to connect some 0 ohm resistor in the FRDM board or something? I though the issue was with the voltage references for the ADC, but they seem to be OK.

Thank you,

Elisa

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

That example select kADC16_ReferenceVoltageSourceVref (external pins pair of VrefH and VrefL) as the ADC Reference voltage source.

kADC16_ReferenceVoltageSourceVref.jpg

If you have not modified the circuit of FRDM-KL26Z, the R10(0 ohm resistor) is connected by default.

Would you please measure the voltage of VREFH(Pin14) and ADC0_SE23(PTE30) by using multimeter?

VREFH P3V3_KL26Z.jpg

0 Kudos

elisa_mejia
Contributor I

Hi Robin,

Thank you for your suggestion. We have measured VREFH and VREFL and they give 3.3 V and GND, as expected.

Could I check anything else?

Best,

Elisa

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Elisa

Would you please show me more detail about this issue?
For example:
Whether you have modified the FRDM-KL26Z board.
Which project are you testing.
How did you connect external signal to ADC pin.( show me the circuit)

Why do you think the ADC result saturates at 1.05 V?
As the external voltage increases, does the value of the ADC data result register no longer increase?
What is the max value of ADC data result register?(tell me Conversion mode)

ADCx_Rn.jpg

Maybe you can show me the value of registers during debug. And show the voltage value of the external signal measured by the multimeter.

0 Kudos