FRDM-KL25Z - dead on arrival?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL25Z - dead on arrival?

xenos
Contributor I

I have recently received two freedom boards with the kl25z from a local distributor. However, when I connect each of them to a PC neither are they recognized nor does any led on the board light up. Trying different cables and another PC didn't help either. Shouldn't there be any demo application running as soon as the board is connected to power? At least, a voltage can be correctly measured at a test point and at the header connections. Am I doing something wrong. Do you have any suggestions what I should try?

Best regards,

Ben

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

if you use the USB port labeled 'SDA' (right connector if you look at both USB connectors), then at least the green SMD LED near the K20 (OpenSDA) should be on.

And yes: the boards I have received had a demo program running on it changing the RGB LED.

Erich

xenos
Contributor I

Thanks, Erich. I have tried both USB ports and neither of the leds light up. After closely inspecting the board I found some irregularities near U2 on both boards (see pictures). According to the schematics, the traces belong to the USB connection of the kl25z, so probably they are not responsible for the failure of the boards. Maybe something else is wrong. I was also a bit surprised that the boards didn't come in an esd bag like the development boards from TI. Anyways, seems that I have to send them back.

Ben

board1.jpgboard2.jpg

0 Kudos