FRDM-KL25Z Sample Code Guide

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL25Z Sample Code Guide

joefs
Contributor I

I'm trying to get up and running with my FRDM board.  On the FRDM-KL25Z web page (not sure if the link will come through):

Freescale Freedom Development Platform for Ki|Freescale

Under Jump Start...->Get Started With Code Warrior..., it says:

"

The FRDM-KL25Z sample code package includes:

• Sample Code Guide with step-by-step instructions to download tools, load projects, configure the hardware, run the code, and use the OpenSDA mass-storage flash programmer to program pre-compiled binaries onto your board

"

I downloaded and extracted the sample code package (kl25_sc_rev10), and there is no such "Sample Code Guide" in the download.  I've tried searching Freescale's site, and googling it, and I can find no such file.  From the description, that sounds EXACTLY what I need right now.  Frustrating! 

Does anyone know where it went, or might anyone have it tucked away on their computer?  Thanks.

Joe

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Joe,

When you use this sample code (kl25_sc_rev10)  , you can refer to the related "readme" .

The general instructions "....\kl25_sc_rev10\readme.txt".

And each project instruction , for example the "helloworld " procect : "...\kl25_sc_rev10\klxx-sc-pex\projects\helloworld\readme.txt".

You can directly drag to CW view when you use .

If you have any question when you use , please contact us.

And under the installation directory of CW,  there is also have sample code "C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\CodeWarrior_Examples\Processor_Expert\Kinetis\FRDM-KL25Z" .

Wish it helps you!
If you still have question, please contact me!

Alice

0 Kudos

joefs
Contributor I

Alice,

So I'm gathering "... step-by-step instructions to download tools, load projects, configure the hardware, run the code, and use the OpenSDA mass-storage flash programmer to program pre-compiled binaries onto your board..." doesn't actually exist as stated?  The readmes give snippets of information, they're by no means a walk-through of a sample project.

I can open the sample projects and view them, so that's a start.  But as far as how to use all of the code configuration abilities of Processor Expert and how to run/debug it on the board, I'm still grasping at.  It looks to me like at one point, the description of this "Sample Code Guide" would have answered a lot for me.

Joe 

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Joe,

As far as I know , there have not  " Sample Code Guide".

Debug and run the sample code is the same as the other project.

If you have any question when you use the sample code ,  welcome to here discussion.

Best Regards,

Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post help your question, please click the helpful Answer button.

joefs
Contributor I

Alice,

Thank you for your input.  I'm just minorly perturbed at the not-so-correct advertising.  "... step-by-step instructions to download tools, load projects, configure the hardware, run the code, and use the OpenSDA..." seemed pretty black and white to me.  That's one of the things I read when choosing from the wide variety of demo boards and vendors out there.

Joe

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Joe:

Sorry for the misleading information. Actually you are correct, there should be 3 guides in the sample code package (IAR, Keil and CW). I searched internally but so far I only found the guide for IAR. I will check with the developers what happened to the others.

Meanwhile I attach to this response a guide for FRDM-KL26Z, which should be almost identical to the one for FRDM-KL25Z. Also attaching the guide I found for IAR.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------