Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL25Z - Example Projects Help

ashokfair
Contributor IV

Hi Everyone!

I have freedom development kit ,FRDM-KL25Z

I downloaded example files which includes output files (SREC files for different application). i noted the size of SREC is smaller (less than 100K).

But if i tried to create new project with Processor Expert , i am getting the output file (S19) size in Mb. Also my S19 not working in Board. I have chossed Open SDA.

so where i can get the free example source file for Blinking Led (Open SDA) project?

thanks,

ashok r

6 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ashok,

maybe there is a problem with your s19 settings. You might have a look here: S-Record Generation with gcc for ARM/Kinetis | MCU on Eclipse

The S19 file for my Processor Expert LED demo project is 10 KByte.

That project is located on GitHub here: mcuoneclipse/Examples/FRDM-KL25Z/Freedom_LED at master ·GitHub

An article about it can be found here: Tutorial: Enlightning the Freedom KL25Z Board | MCU on Eclipse

I hope this helps,

Erich

ashokfair
Contributor IV

Hi Erich,

Thanks , let me try out today and i will come back.

And one more thing why we need to select LED components in PE ?  Selecting GIPO component is sufficient right , using GIPO we can control the port pins correct?

thanks,

ashok r

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, normal BitIO or GPIO_LDD is what you can use too.

See http://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/11/12/tutorial-bits-and-pins-with-kinetis/

0 Kudos

ashokfair
Contributor IV

Yes , Erich now my code is working , i am able to generate output file but the name of output file is set to *.hex  how to change it to *.s19

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, that's a known problem of the Sourcery Plugins that they always use .hex as extension.

Have a look at

S-Record Generation with gcc for ARM/Kinetis | MCU on Eclipse

and search for .hex: there is a solution in the comments section of that post.

ashokfair
Contributor IV

Thanks Erich !

I am frequently getting Error "The system cannot find the file specified path". sometimes its going after clean and Build but now i couldn't clear this error

what could be the reason?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos