FRDM K82F - Reflashing Fail with JLink EDU

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM K82F - Reflashing Fail with JLink EDU

Heron
Contributor II

Mi FRDM-K82F quedó inservible después que lo conecté a WIN 10. Seguí las indicaciones del documento "Freedom OpenSDA Firmware Issues Reported on Windows 10", pero cuando trate de cargar el .bin (k20dx128_bootloader_0x5000.bin) reporta un error de apertura de archivo (fail to open file).

Qué puedo hacer para resolver este problema?

- Luis Espinal

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dude,

I've already attached the k20dx128_bootloader_0x5000.bin in the previous reply, and please check it.

2016-05-17_10-09-58.jpg
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Heron
Contributor II

Dear Jeremy,

I'm sorry , I already saw the file; in middle of the hurry I didn't see the file...

Best regards,

Luis Espinal

0 Kudos

Heron
Contributor II

Dear Jeremy,

I've already solved the issue, the problem was the  file name. The file you pointed me is actually the version 2.0 and  k82f uses the version 2.1.
The file I used to reprogram the k82f was the " k20dx128_bootloader_0x8000.bin " and not the "k20dx128_bootloader_0x5000.bin".

Thank you for the support, you showed me the way.

Best regards,

Luis Espinal

0 Kudos

Heron
Contributor II

Dear Jeremy,

Now, when I connect K82F it opens a window as drive with text file inside: NoFlashConfig.txt

This file contain the following text:  "No valid VMSD configuration for target flashing found."

What this means?

Best regards,

Luis Espinal

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Luis,

I was wondering if you can clarify the issue in English again.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Heron
Contributor II

Thanks Jeremy for your interest,

My FRDM-K82F is unresponsive after it was connected to Win10. To fix it, I followed the instructions from "Freedom OpenSDA Firmware Issues Reported on Windows 10" post, but when I tried to load the .bin file (k20dx128_bootloader_0x5000.bin) I get the following message "Failed to open file".

What can I do? or Where I can find the correct file name to flash the openSDA mcu if this was the mistake?

Best regards,

Luis Espinal

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Luis,

Thanks for your reply.

I'd highly recommend to you can follow the kind of produce to work around the issue.

1. Change another PC with Win7 or other OS, instead of the Win 10;
  2. Replicate the steps to load the bin file (k20dx128_bootloader_0x5000.bin);
  3. After loading, then plug the board into a Win 10 PC again;

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

0 Kudos

Heron
Contributor II

Jeremy,

I've tried with Win8 but I got same message.

Perhaps I've missed installing something. I only installed "Setup_JLink_V512c.exe"

Where is installed "k20dx128_bootloader_0x5000.bin"?

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Luis,

Before to execute the loadbin commander, you must assure the bin file already had been stored in the disk.

Then you can refer to the Fig 1 to use the commander.

2016-05-16_10-19-18.jpg
Have a great day,

Ping

0 Kudos

Heron
Contributor II

Dear Jeremy,

the device is connected correctly, even Jlink did an erase task as you can see in the image I sent.

Now, and I'm asking again, Where is the "k20dx128_bootloader_0x5000.bin" file stored in the hard drive? What is the path to the .bin file on the HDD? I've searched the whole disk but it wasn't there.

Do I need to install more than just "Setup_JLink_V512e.exe"?

Or, Where can I download "k20dx128_bootloader_0x5000.bin" file?

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos

Heron
Contributor II

I also tried with "Setup_JLink_V512e.exe" version

0 Kudos

Heron
Contributor II

I have just tried to solve the problem using Linux UBUNTO, but again I'm having the same issue.wp_20160513_17_56_57_pro.jpg

0 Kudos