FRDM-K28F USB configuration.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K28F USB configuration.

larshovesen
Contributor II

I have a FRDM-K28F board and need to use the USB port, but regardless of which project example I create using the MCUXpresso  I can not make the USB port "alive" for Windows to see. When I do the same with my FRDM-K64F board there are no problems, all is working. I fear I do not understand what jumper setting I should apply on my FRDM-K28F as I just got it a few days ago, or perhaps my board is broken somehow.

The User's guide for the FRDM-K28F is not much help, e.g. it doen't even show where the jumpers are placed on the board, do anyone have a better description on how to setup the board so the USB port attached to the K28 processor is working, or perhaps even a project including source code that is guaranteed to work?

My USB SDA port seems to work fine, I am using the IAR Workbench for development and I can compile, download and execute programs just fine.

2 Replies

larshovesen
Contributor II

I have myself made the USB port come "alive" by copying the setup in the file usb_device_config.h from the K64F example project into my K28F example project, so at least I have a confirmation that my board seems to work. But I would still appriciate if anyone could point me to some more information on how to make use of the USB port, including configuration of the source code from the example projects.

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Lars

The USB documents are located in  SDK_2.2_FRDM-K28F\docs\usb

Please refer to the MCUXpresso SDK USB Stack User's guide.pdf

USB configuration description, please see section 2.4 USB Stack Configuration and section 3.2 board files

Regards

Daniel