FNET license

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNET license

thesz
Contributor I

Can I use the FNET TCP/IP Stack library in my commercial product without being required to allow everyone to rebuild the firmware? Am I required to publish the object code of my code to allow a rebuild?

Because I don't understand the meaning/purpose of the 'linking exception'...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

perlam_i_au
Senior Contributor I

As you can see in the GNU LGPL 3v licensing will be affected depending on how interrelated are the library and the application (as it is defined on the GNU LESSER GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE definitions.

In this case I suggest you to enter a Service Request in order to determine if your application licensing is affected or not depending on the usage of FNET.

0 Kudos

thesz
Contributor I

My firmware is one big binary for the K60 controller. I don't have modules / dll's oder .a files which the user can replace. My code and the FNET code are combined into one binary.

I already tried to understand 'LGPL': I have to publish my .o files to allow everyone to rebuild my firmware with the latest FNET source code

I don't understand 'linking exception': What does this mean?

Do I have to publish my .o files if I use FNET?

0 Kudos

perlam_i_au
Senior Contributor I

Freescale cannot provide legal advertisement, in this case licensing, I suggest you to consult this topic with your lawyer.

0 Kudos