Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exiting Low Power Modes Using TSI in Processor Expert

Jump to solution
javervalino
Contributor III

Hi All,

I still cant find a good example on how to use tsi as wakeup source / interrupt from lls mode. The real challenge for me here is configure  it using processor expert.

Does someone have an example for this.

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Javer Valino,

I have implemented a TSI LLS demo based on FRDM-KL26Z, please kindly refer to the following for details. The project is also attached. Please also note only TSI0 CH0 and CH14 can be used as LLWU pin, and in my demo, CH0 is used and any edge is set as the wake up event, you may change it according to your application.

2.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Javer,

Which device are you using? Please kindly help to clarify.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
javervalino
Contributor III

Hi Kan,

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Javer

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Javer Valino,

I have implemented a TSI LLS demo based on FRDM-KL26Z, please kindly refer to the following for details. The project is also attached. Please also note only TSI0 CH0 and CH14 can be used as LLWU pin, and in my demo, CH0 is used and any edge is set as the wake up event, you may change it according to your application.

2.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

0 Kudos
javervalino
Contributor III

Hi Kan,

Thanks for that very useful example. :smileyhappy:

Unfortunately I cant use FEE because we dont have external clock in our board. Is this the same setup when I use FEI as MCG Mode?

Thanks for the support.

Regards,

Javer

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Javer,

Yes, the low power part should be the same, you just need to change the clock configuration manually.

Please kindly let me know if you have any issue.

Have a great day,
Kan

0 Kudos
javervalino
Contributor III

Hi Kan,

Good day!

I already tested your example and it works, but unfortunately another problem arise in our hardware setup. We found out that when you use TSI0_CH0 in external pin 1 in   LLWU settings, you cannot use it as electrode in TSS_library component.

Please see below image.

TSI0_ CH0.png

Can it be solved by using the internal module 4 (TSI0) instead? Can you give an example for this.

Internal module 4 (TSI0).png

Thank you Kan for your usual support.

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Javer,

I just implemented LLS demo waked up by TSI module instead, please kindly refer to the attachment for details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

0 Kudos
javervalino
Contributor III

Hi Kan,

Maybe you can help in our encountered problem.

We use your example above as a framework in our application for entering and exiting low power mode.

It is now in mass production thanks for your help :smileyhappy:.

However we need to add some function that will wake-up the unit every 5 seconds-> calibrate the touch then sleep again. Can you implement that in your sample above.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
javervalino
Contributor III

Hi Kan,

Thank you very much. This is really what I need.  The last problem is the sensitivity of the wakeup electrode during lls mode. In our design we use a top cover plastic about 1mm in thickness and it work nice during normal mode. Where can I edit the sensitivity of this wakeup electrode?

Thank you for the usual support.

Best Regards,

Javer

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Javer,

I think you may change the option circled as below:

1.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

0 Kudos
javervalino
Contributor III

Hello Kan,

Thank you very much for your help .. You're my hero. :smileyhappy:

Our software is now working properly. :smileyhappy:

Best regards,

Javer

0 Kudos
javervalino
Contributor III

Hello Kan,

Thanks for the quick response.

We are using Kl15 here in our company. We are almost done with the application using Processor Expert, were just having a hard-time configuring the TSI as interrupt from LLS mode.

Hope you could help.

Thanks,

Javer

0 Kudos