cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code program K70 FlexBus

albertomartin
Contributor II

Good Morning:

I have a NAND Flash memory connected to the Flexbus of the MK70 microprocessor.
I would like to know if it is possible to execute code from the Nand Flash in the Microprocessor.
Question:

1. Is this operation possible?
  2. Is there an example?
  3. How could it be done?

Thank you very much. This part is very important for our project.

3 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Alberto,

It's possible to connect the NAND Flash directly by using the Flexbus interface however, it's not very usual and simple.  The problem is the NAND flash is block oriented and need some software error corrections. So it means that the system needs a software driver which takes care of this. But we don't have such standalone driver for this now.

In the MK70 you have a NAND Flash Controler module (NFC). If you want to connect a NAND Flash memory I highly recommend using this module instead of the FlexBus. 

The NAND Flash memories only support page-based reads, due to this is not possible to execute code directly from there. You will need to copy the pages to RAM memory and then execute from there but this will take a considerable amount of RAM memory. 

Hope it helps!

Victor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

albertomartin
Contributor II

Hello Victor:

Thank you so much for this information.
It has been very useful.

0 Kudos

albertomartin
Contributor II

It is possible execute code in external Memory?

Thanks.

0 Kudos