Can the blue LED be disabled while still using PTD1 on the KL25Z?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the blue LED be disabled while still using PTD1 on the KL25Z?

Jump to solution
injunear1
Contributor IV

My project is using the output of PTD1 on the Freedom board. It would be nice to disable the blue LED so it doesn't always show the state of PTD1.

Can this be done?

Thank you.

1 Solution
injunear1
Contributor IV

Hi Monica,

I think it is a little bit more than an excellent idea that Freescale is having you follow up on these kinds of things.

I didn't want to damage or modify the board. Having the blue LED blink during one of my functions is not an actual problem. It is now a "feature".

I was just hoping that there might be a firmware way to disconnect it from the output pin. I'll just tell the customers that that is the way things work for now. When we go into full production, we might modify it then.

Thank you for asking.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Monica
Senior Contributor III

Injun, have these suggestions helped you out?

Please let us know!

Regards.

0 Kudos
injunear1
Contributor IV

Hi Monica,

I think it is a little bit more than an excellent idea that Freescale is having you follow up on these kinds of things.

I didn't want to damage or modify the board. Having the blue LED blink during one of my functions is not an actual problem. It is now a "feature".

I was just hoping that there might be a firmware way to disconnect it from the output pin. I'll just tell the customers that that is the way things work for now. When we go into full production, we might modify it then.

Thank you for asking.

Monica
Senior Contributor III

Injun, no problem.

Keep us posted for further references, we'll be around!

0 Kudos
andreitatar
Contributor II

You could unsolder R11.

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I assume that you still want to show the Red and Green LED's?

I think you would need to cut the trace to the blue LED on the board.

Otherwise you could either cover the RGB LED or unsolder it.