cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COM channel printf - MK60DN512xxx10

carbon
Contributor I

Hello,

I have a MK60DN512xxx10, can someone please show me how to use "printf" and "scanf" from standard stdio.h over COM channel?

Right now I have two channels open, COM4 which is writing dots over and over and COM5 which does absolutely nothing.

Right now, I use semihosting - telnet when debugging, but I need a two way communication.

7 Replies

sooryakrishnanu
Contributor III

I have the same question but for a different towre kit. I use K53n512 twr kit

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sooryakrishnan U,

About TWR-K53 printf code, please refer to the attached code.

If you still have question, please contact me!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

joicemarkose
Contributor II

Hi I burned the code into my tower syytem which includes twr-ser board along with it.Still my teminal window shows nothing!should i use the board standalone or is there any problem if i use my twr board with twr ser board?

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Joice,

Please check you use which UART to transfer , for the TWR-k53 example , the TWR-k53  use the UART0(J27),

while the TWR-SER use the UART3 (when connected to the TWR-K53 ).

Hope it helps

Alice

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please note, the code is printf from the tower Kxx, not the ser board.

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tomas,

Please refer to this post:

How to use printf() to print string to Console and UART in KDS2.0

Besides, you also can refer to the KSDK1.3.0,  folder:C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\examples\twrk60d100m

These code are also using the printf from stdio.h

If you still have question, please contact me!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Tomas,

Please tell me you use which IDE ?

BR

Alice

0 Kudos