cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootup crash in SystemInit

Jump to solution
epicedium
Contributor II

I have a new hardware revision (we are rapidly iterating prototypes).  Nothing should have changed around the microcontroller, in terms of it's oscillator, reset pull up, power supply.

I'm getting this...  i.e. a crash on the line

if((RCM->SRS0 & RCM_SRS0_WAKEUP_MASK) != 0x00U)

Is there a physical cause which could possibly be to blame...?  Or should I be looking for something that's been broken within the code/settings?  This is code auto-generated by KDS 3

Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 18.53.17.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kris Bird,

Are you sure your chip is mk20dx256vlk10 not mk20dx256zvlk10?

Because from the reference manual, you will get that mk20dx256zvlk10 don't have RCM_SRS0 register, just have MC_SRSL.

mk20dx256vlk10 have the RCM_SRS0 register, so I think maybe your board is using mk20dx256zvlk10 not mk20dx256vlk10 , then if you use RCM_SRS0, the program will enter in the hardfaul isr .

Then when you create the project, you should choose mk20dx256zvlk10 instead of mk20dx256vlk10 .

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kris Bird,

Thanks for your interest in NXP kinetis product, I would like to provide service for you!

Please tell me the full name of your chip, then I can help you to check it with your code.

You should make sure, the register which your are operation is really exist in your chip, otherwise the code may enter in the hardfault.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
epicedium
Contributor II

It's a mk20dx256vlk10

0 Kudos
epicedium
Contributor II

It looks like the PCB manufacturer has placed

mk20dx256zvlk10

instead of

mk20dx256vlk10

Could this explain the issue? I'm struggling to find information on what the Z variant is!

Kris

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kris Bird,

Are you sure your chip is mk20dx256vlk10 not mk20dx256zvlk10?

Because from the reference manual, you will get that mk20dx256zvlk10 don't have RCM_SRS0 register, just have MC_SRSL.

mk20dx256vlk10 have the RCM_SRS0 register, so I think maybe your board is using mk20dx256zvlk10 not mk20dx256vlk10 , then if you use RCM_SRS0, the program will enter in the hardfaul isr .

Then when you create the project, you should choose mk20dx256zvlk10 instead of mk20dx256vlk10 .

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

0 Kudos
epicedium
Contributor II

It looks like it's the other way around--  The project has always been mk20dx256vlk10, but mk20dx256zvlk10 was placed on the PCB by mistake by our supplier!

Thanks for your help!

Kris

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kris Bird,

mk20dx256zvlk10 is the 1.x silicon chip, mk20dx256vlk10 is the 2.x silicon chip.

There are many difference in this two chips, more details, please refer to the application note:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4445.pdf?fromsite=zh-Hans&fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

0 Kudos