cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader reprogramming on FRDM-KL25Z board

petersanders
Contributor I

Hello all.

I recently had problems getting my Windows XP to recognise the board. Problem fixed - bad USB cable.

However, during my fevered attempts to get things working, I postulated that the bootloader program was corrupted.

I tried to locate a binary image of the bootloader so that I could use a JTAG compatible interface to replace the (supposedly) corrupted binary but was unable to locate such an image.

Is such an image available on the net?  Which particular version of the JTAG spec. characterises the interface which programs that image onto the board at the factory.

You realise that shipping a $10 item back to the factory for bootloader reprogramming would be the height of stupidity?

Peter

0 Kudos
3 Replies

JimDon
Senior Contributor III

You can't re-flash the debug MCU. It is locked, so it is a non-issue.

0 Kudos

petersanders
Contributor I

Mr. Jim Donelson

By completely erasing the chip, all locking is removed. The flash can then be programmed but you need a SWD/JTAG compatible programming device to do the reprogramming.

This is a common behaviour of all flash-programmable MCU's.

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Peter,

You could visit below link to get OpenSDA firmware application resource:

http://www.pemicro.com/opensda/index.cfm

There provides a file about how to update the OpenSDA bootloader.

If your FRDM-KL25Z with a broken bootloader, it could not run that update process.

For OpenSDA is P&E company's property,  we do not have OpenSDA bootloader image file.

I would recommend you to contact with P&E company directly about OpenSDA bootloader image file.

http://www.pemicro.com/support/index.cfm

And you also could use another JTAG(SWD) debugger tool to debug that FRDM-KL25Z board as a instead way.

Wish it helps.

0 Kudos