Bootloader mode K60N512 problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader mode K60N512 problem

pawelniewiadoms
Contributor I

Hello! I'm using TWR-K60N512  board and I'd like to use bootloader mode. In CodeWarrior 10.6.4 I want to upload some example code and during the debuggin I get information about update.
pastedImage_0.png
When I put jumper on J10 the board it's undetected by computer. Any diodes light on. Earlier osbdm driver and wind driver were installed succesfully.
Please help me with this problem.
Greetings,
Pawel

0 Kudos
6 Replies

pawelniewiadoms
Contributor I

I tried update my board on another computer and it's worked! I think I'm unlucky example with my own computer. After update my board could be debugged in my CodeWarrior. I have one more question. Sometimes I'm using older version o CodeWarrior. CodeWarrior Development Studio for microcontrollers v. 6.3. After update it's incompatible with this environment. Is it possible to downgrade driver on my board to use CodeWarrior 6.3 when I will need it?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pawel Niewiadomski,

Did you install the PE driver in your computer before? Please follow the step on the PE web:P&E Microcomputer Systems

The new firmware on the board is downward compatible to the old firmware,  so you don't need to downgrade driver on the board, I didn't install the CW6.3, the kinetis chip should use the CW10.6 instead of CW6.3.  If you want to know the new firmware on other board , you can try it on the CW6.3 to check it.

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

pawelniewiadoms
Contributor I

I also tried update by this P&E updater but it also didn't detect my board when it should be in bootloader mode. Normally my device managr detect it when there is no jumper on the J10 and it looks like this:
pastedImage_0.png 

For the PEMicro USB Serial Port (i1) the version is 12.2.0.0 and for Debug Port version is 1.2.3.0.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pawel Niewiadomski,

The Confirm in your post means your firmware need to be updated.

When the note happens, you should follow these steps:

1:power down your board

2:put jumper on J10

3:power on your board again and click "OK" in the Confirm windows.

waiting for the firmware update finished.

4. power off

5, take off the jumper on J10

6 power on, click yes on the window, then you can download the code.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please contact me!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

pawelniewiadoms
Contributor I

I did exactly what you describe but when I disconnect my board before update and put jumper on J10 and reconnect it myc computer cannot detect the device. It's only when I'm in bootloader mode. When I click OK nothing happens and the window shows again.
Greetings.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pawel Niewiadomski,

Actually, P&E micro have a software which named as P&E firmware updater utility.

You can try that sofware to update your tower firmware.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

0 Kudos