Basic OpenSDA Project

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic OpenSDA Project

pgo
Senior Contributor V

There have been a few posting asking how the OpenSDA bootloader works (including from me) without many useful answers.

After a bit of stuffing around I've done a very basic app that loads successfully into the KL20 chip on the FRDM-KL25Z board.

The only requirements seems to be to re-locate the image at an appropriate address.

The OpenSDA loader accepts SREC files (something I only just discovered) as well as the mysterious .SDA files.

Anyway - Attached is a minimal Codewarrior project that loads on the FRDM-KL25Z board and flashes the LED.  This is a ARM compiler version but has the additional post-build step to produce a SREC file.

Have fun.

bye

Original Attachment has been moved to: BlinkyOpenSDA.zip

Labels (1)
3 Replies

rogerzhong
Contributor III

It seems that the latest OpenSDA Bootloader can support downloading the binary file as well. :smileyalert:Noted that the user app need to be re-located from the address of 0x8000 and config the VTOR register as below when compiling.

SCB->VTOR = 0x0 | (0x8000 & 0x1FFFFF80);

Please also refer to, P&E Microcomputer Systems , download the latest firmware released by P&E, and update the OpenSDA Bootloader with the latest one.

I am also interested in .SDA file format that created by P&E, who can provise some more detailed information about it?

Thanks!:smileyhappy:

rogerzhong
Contributor III

The firmware of OpenSDA consists of three parts: MicroBoot, Bootloader and user app. Bootloader and user app can be updated separately. After powered-on, the MK20 enter the MicroBoot and to check if there is a update file existed, if yes, update the Bootloader; or, execute the Bootloader. The bootloader acts a similar role as Microboot to choose update the user app part or run the user app directly.

The following screenshot shows the version of each part.

FRDM.png
:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

hmyoong
Contributor III

Please look at the update on https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-100720 

0 Kudos