Any suggestions for porting the USB Stack (Specifically HID Device) to KL25 Using Atollic?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any suggestions for porting the USB Stack (Specifically HID Device) to KL25 Using Atollic?

Jump to solution
chuckh
Contributor III

We use Atollic IDE for our other projects so we would like to continue using it.  However, it seems like the Freescale USB Stack and Examples are meant for use with Codewarrior (and are missing many files that are required to successfully compile on another IDE).  Has anyone successfully done an HID device with atollic with a KL25 or does anyone have any suggestions for porting the freescale USB stack into Atollic successfully?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
chuckh
Contributor III

Issue solved!  It was a combination of needing a LITTLE_ENDIAN define as well as correctly configuring the PLLs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
chuckh
Contributor III

Issue solved!  It was a combination of needing a LITTLE_ENDIAN define as well as correctly configuring the PLLs.

0 Kudos
bennahill
Contributor I

I just want to thank you, Chuck, for putting an end to a week of ripping my hair out with the same problem when trying to build an audio receiver with just CMake and GCC/G++. Everything was configured the same as one of the example projects using the ARM compiler but the descriptors weren't being sent. I compared nearly all peripheral registers between working code and my own and could find no discrepancy. I was missing the LITTLE_ENDIAN define...

0 Kudos
_dekiru_
Contributor I

The BM stack and examples have been written in the way that they can support multiple platforms and multiple compilers.

At the moment, for ARM architecture, it has supported IAR, KEIL, CW and GCC already.

There are only limited places where the codes are different for compilers including: pragma define for memory alignment, interrupt handler and some inline assembly code.

You can search for __IAR_SYSTEMS_ICC__ to see how they handle IAR, then apply similar thing to Atollic.

Regards

0 Kudos
chuckh
Contributor III

It's compiling now but not enumerating. The interrupts are firing but a usb sniff shows that the descriptors are not being sent.

0 Kudos
chuckh
Contributor III

I've now learned that the enumeration breaks when there is a PIDERR.  Why does this happen with a device?

0 Kudos