undefined reference to <function>

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

undefined reference to <function>

andrewmeyerbti
Contributor III

Using KDS, using Git, having trouble with libraries.  The learning curve is killing me.

I am trying to create a library of small functions to call from my main code.  The error I get is undefined reference to <function>.  The linker command line is thus.

c:/freescale/kds_2.0.0/toolchain/bin/../libexec/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.0/collect2.exe --sysroot=/work/joes/kds-releases/2.0.0/install/i686-w64-mingw32/arm-none-eabi -X -o comm.elf c:/freescale/kds_2.0.0/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.0/crti.o c:/freescale/kds_2.0.0/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.0/crtbegin.o c:/freescale/kds_2.0.0/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/crt0.o -LC:/Freescale/git/comm/comm/Project_Settings/Linker_Files -Lc:/freescale/kds_2.0.0/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.0 -Lc:/freescale/kds_2.0.0/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc -Lc:/freescale/kds_2.0.0/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib --gc-sections -Map comm.map --cref ./Sources/Events.o ./Sources/main.o ./Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.o ./Generated_Code/AS1.o ./Generated_Code/ASerialLdd1.o ./Generated_Code/Cpu.o ./Generated_Code/PE_LDD.o ./Generated_Code/Vectors.o -llibchars -lstdc++ -lm --start-group -lgcc -lg_s -lc_s --end-group c:/freescale/kds_2.0.0/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.0/crtend.o c:/freescale/kds_2.0.0/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.0/crtn.o -T C:/Freescale/git/comm/comm/Project_Settings/Linker_Files/ProcessorExpert.ld

The functions are called in events and created in libchars, so I think the order is correct.  Both events and libchars are C++ projects as far as I can determine--C projects don't have the C++ portion of the build chain.

In the project explorer, the directories libchars and libchars/debug are in purple folder icons--would love to know what that means.  I can "click through" from the function to it's definition without problems.  Can anyone give me something else to try?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi  Andrew,

Could you tell us how you create the library and how call   that function step by step,

then we can reproduce your problem .

Its better have some screenshot .

Best Regards

Alice

0 Kudos