cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trimming internal oscillator

Florijan
Contributor III

Hi,

does anybody know how to configure the P&E Universal Multilink inside KDS to trim MCU's internal oscillator to desired frequency? In CW10.x you could do it very easily using "advanced settings" in P&E debugger's menu. But in KDS there is no such menu.

Best regards,

Florijan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Florijan,

that's not directly possible in the P&E UI. I had a similar challenge with the flash block memory perserve.

I have found a way to do this with modifying the .arp file, see

Preserving Memory Ranges with Eclipse and P&E GDB Server | MCU on Eclipse

I see that the TRIM value is in the .arp file too. I have not tried to change it, but this might be a possible way for you.

Erich

0 Kudos

Florijan
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

I think I will have to use this method until better support for internal clock trimming is provided.

Best regards,

Florijan

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hello Florijan,

from my understanding, KDS doesn't have this feature.  user who need trim internal clock please do it in pe setting as below:

trim in pe.JPG.jpg

=================================================

this answer is for you. if it helps, please click on "Correct Answer" button. thanks!

Best Regards,

Zhang Jun

0 Kudos

Florijan
Contributor III

Hi Zhang ZhangJennie

on mkl25z128 mcu this seems to work but not on the mke06z128. The internal clock on mke06z128 is about 20% faster than it should be and if debugger is connected to it it works on as slightly different frequency than if it runs without debugger.

Best regards,

Florijan

0 Kudos