cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

post-build commands

matherinewang
Contributor III

Hi,

The default name of the .bin file is as same as the project name, I want to rename the .bin file, for example insert the date to the file name.

I thought that post-build maybe can be used , but i am not sure what's the right command and how it works.

is there any post-build command works for that?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Matherine Wang,

I think that the following post created by our colleague Erich Styger might be helpful for you, it explains the usage of Multiple Post-Build Steps in eclipse:

Executing Multiple Commands as Post-Build Steps in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse

You can also take a look to the related links at the end of the post.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

matherinewang
Contributor III

Thanks Carlos, mutiple post-build steps and links are useful for me.

a new question, how can i add software version to the name of the .bin file using post-build step?

I have two options but i am not sure whether feasible:

1. define a macro or variable for software version in source code, and using the marco or variable in the post-build step, but i am not sure how to use it here.

2. define a build variable for software version, it's easy used in post-build step, but i don't know how to use it in the source code? :smileyhappy:

is any one of these two options feasible?

0 Kudos

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

The post-build commands are just commands that would be executed from a command prompt.  In this case, it would just be the DOS rename command:

rename <old filename> <new filename>

EDIT:  Thought the date could be inserted by inserting %DATE% into the rename command, but it seems it doesn't work.  Perhaps someone else could chime in on how to accomplish that.

0 Kudos

matherinewang
Contributor III

Hi David,

Thanks, rename command does not work for me, i tried cope instead of rename, it can work:

copy ${PWD}\ProjName.elf ${PWD}\NewName_%date:~0,4%%date:~5,2%%date:~8,2%.elf

BTW, %DATE% works for me.

0 Kudos