Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating KSDK

normansiegel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi all,

I have been installing the latest updates for the KSDK.  There are separate (full) KSDK installs for:

1) FRDM-KL03

2) TWR-K24F120M

3) KV30 and K02 devices

4) FRDM-KL43Z,

A directory comparison between each of these installations shows different/updated documentation, and different devices, platforms, and boards supported. 

For example, each separate installation contains additional platform libraries and board support only for those particular devices.  In other words, the KDSK for FRDM-KL43Z only contains board and platform files pertinent to that MCU and Freedom board, and does NOT include the platform libraries and board files for the other KDSK updates (no platform libraries nor board support for KL03, KV30, KL02, K24)

In addition, each of these installations is a complete KDSK install, and the user is prompted to change the KDSK environment path. 

Question 1:  As I install each of these updates, should I update my environment path to point to the new location?

Question 2:  Would it be recommended to install these updates over the existing KSDK_1.0.0 directory, instead of separate directories for each?

Question 3:  It's straightforward to update KDS with the updated KSDK by using Help --> Install New Software,  But which KSDK installation should I set my environment variable to?

Question 4:  If I wish to create a project based on the FRDM-KL03Z board, does this mean that I must change my environment variable to point to the KSDK_1.0.0-KL03Z install directory? 

Question 5:  Subsequently, if I wish to create a project based on the FRDM-KL43Z board, would I then need to change my environment variable so that it now points to the KSDK_1.0.0-KL43Z directory?

Question 6:  Could future updates either be incremental, or a cumulative full install including all previous updates?

Regards,

Norm

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies