Some problem about different batch of MKL16

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some problem about different batch of MKL16

noparkinghere
Contributor I

When I burned same code of  low power mode,LLS0,into the the type of MCU, the current of mcu is not different. It took me a lot of time to find the problem. 

I bought two different batch of the mcu,MKL16.There is just a little different on the surface of the chip. The new one is CRTKJE at the last line,and the od one is CRAKAG.

However, the chip of CRTKJE burned with the same code cannot reach 2uA in the LLS0 at the same PCB.

I wanna know whether the chip is a counterfeit or the different batch has some different and user need to set the chip particually.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Could you please provide a picture of the MCU with the full part number and marking?

Please also make sure that there is no solder problem that could be causing this issue.

Finally, did you buy this parts from an authorized distributor? Please check this link: https://www.nxp.com/support/sample-and-buy/distributor-network:DISTRIBUTORS

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

noparkinghere
Contributor I

20200324090517.jpg

Thx for your reply.

I am still not certain if there is some thing wrong with the MCU.

And I also doubt that some uncertain states of the peripheral lead to the different phenomenon of the MCU,due to I generating the setting code with PE.

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Is the current consumption different in any other low power mode? Maybe if you change the software?

Secondly, I did not receive an answer from you regarding where did you get these MCUs. Please check the below statements.

Customers purchasing from an authorized distributor are able to utilize NXP support.

NXP product purchased from unauthorized sources may be counterfeit, damaged, or otherwise not suitable for use. Customers using NXP product purchased from unauthorized or “gray market” sources are ineligible to utilize NXP resources.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos