MQX Kernel Log window is empty

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX Kernel Log window is empty

alexeyolenev
Contributor I

Hello, I'm trying to activate kernel logging and see it by TAD window in Kinetis Design Studio. By debugging, I figured out that the logging is successfully running, and the function _klog_display() sends the data. But I can't see anything in MQX Kernel Log window. It’s empty. The window MQX Lightweight Log is empty too. Is there any way to solve this issue? And are there any others plugins or something else for seeing the kernel log in usable view? May be like a timeline?

Thanks a lot.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

takmingmarcopan
Contributor II

I installed the MQX from the Help menu but NOTHING. 
WHY do i have to sift through 9 pages of "MQX KDS MENU missing"????
 This is so infuriating because it works on my HDD laptop but now i upgrade and KDS wants to screw around.

0 Kudos

thiagow
Contributor III

It's attached my TAD debug log.  Does anybody have the same problem?

0 Kudos

thiagow
Contributor III

I have exactly the same question. I already installed MQX RTOS Task Aware Debbuger for GDB and have the same log message.

(15:51:44.119) INFO: [TadState] TAD state changed from DEBUG_RESUMED to READY (Suspended, SIGNAL)

(15:51:47.020) ReadingException: com.freescale.mqx.gdb.tad.model.globalstatus.TadGlobalStatusFactory.getGlobalStatus() at 33.line "readLongVariableSafely(_mqxlite_version_number)"

(15:51:47.052) INFO: [TadGlobalStatusFactory] MQX data valid (version 4.2.0 (0x04020000))

(15:51:47.052) INFO: [TadModel$3] Loading of TAD Global Status took 2933 ms

(15:51:47.052) INFO: [TadGlobalStatusController] TAD global status data is ready!

(15:51:48.206) NullPointerException: com.freescale.mqx.gdb.tad.model.tasklist.TaskFactory.getData() at 71.line "readMemoryBlock32bit()"

(15:51:50.031) NullPointerException: com.freescale.mqx.gdb.tad.model.tasklist.TaskFactory.getData() at 71.line "readMemoryBlock32bit()"

(15:51:51.732) NullPointerException: com.freescale.mqx.gdb.tad.model.tasklist.TaskFactory.getData() at 71.line "readMemoryBlock32bit()"

My MQX is :    4.1.1

My KDS is:    3.2

My OS:     Ubuntu 12.04 64 bits

I already compiled bsp, psp, rtcs and my project with debug ( gcc -pg) and without optimization (gcc -O0)    and set  #define MQX_KERNEL_LOGGING 1   and #define MQX_ENABLE_LOGS 1       but   the TAD doesn't work.

Does anybody could solve this problem? 

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Alexey,

Could you please add a screenshot of this issue??

Regards

Sol

0 Kudos

lukaszjuranek
Contributor I

Hi, I've got similar problem to You, updated KDS to last version. This is my log from TAD plug-in

(15:51:44.119) INFO: [TadState] TAD state changed from DEBUG_RESUMED to READY (Suspended, SIGNAL)

(15:51:47.020) ReadingException: com.freescale.mqx.gdb.tad.model.globalstatus.TadGlobalStatusFactory.getGlobalStatus() at 33.line "readLongVariableSafely(_mqxlite_version_number)"

(15:51:47.052) INFO: [TadGlobalStatusFactory] MQX data valid (version 4.2.0 (0x04020000))

(15:51:47.052) INFO: [TadModel$3] Loading of TAD Global Status took 2933 ms

(15:51:47.052) INFO: [TadGlobalStatusController] TAD global status data is ready!

(15:51:48.206) NullPointerException: com.freescale.mqx.gdb.tad.model.tasklist.TaskFactory.getData() at 71.line "readMemoryBlock32bit()"

(15:51:50.031) NullPointerException: com.freescale.mqx.gdb.tad.model.tasklist.TaskFactory.getData() at 71.line "readMemoryBlock32bit()"

(15:51:51.732) NullPointerException: com.freescale.mqx.gdb.tad.model.tasklist.TaskFactory.getData() at 71.line "readMemoryBlock32bit()"

All windows like MQX TAD Diagnostic or MQX Kernel Data are greyed out, and disabled.

I'm using PEMicro debugger that embedded in TWR-K70F120, do You know what can cause that problems ?

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Lukasz,

Please check you have installed the MQX RTOS Task Aware Debugger for GDB.

In menu Help, select install new software

pastedImage_0.png

Select Freescale KDS Update Site - http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/KDS

pastedImage_1.png

Install MQX RTOS Task Aware Debugger for GDB.

pastedImage_2.png

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

lukaszjuranek
Contributor I

Thanks for the replay. I have got "MQX RTOS Task Aware Debugger for GDB" plug-in installed, without it I didn't have MQX widnow at all. My version of this plugin is 1.0.9.201508111009

0 Kudos