MKE06Z Processor Expert KBI1:Init_KBI pullups not setup correctly.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKE06Z Processor Expert KBI1:Init_KBI pullups not setup correctly.

Jump to solution
mstroven
Contributor III

In PEx, when I instantiate an Init_KBI component using KBI0, everything seems to work fine.  However, when I select KBI1 pins, setting them to have pullups enabled does not seem to generate the correct PORT_PUE1 initialization code in "Common_Init( )" in "Cpu.h"

If I want a KBI1 input pin (for example pin PTE3) to have its internal pullup enabled, I have to remember to manually add the config such as this:

PORT_PUE1 |= PORT_PUE1_PTEPE3_MASK; at the end of Common_Init( )

Can someone confirm this?

Thank you,

-Mike Stroven

Labels (1)
1 Solution
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mike,

You are right the Init_KBI component does not work properly for KBI1 device (incorrect pull-ups are enabled for the KBI1 device). I have reported this issue to the Processor Expert development team (PEXMCU-4166).

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mike,

You can use the PinSettings component in your project to enable the pullup of the PTE3. Open the Component Inspector of the PinSettings component, select Functional Properties, select the PTE3 pin (you can use the Pin Filter) and enable the pullup, see the following screenshot:

pastedImage_0.png

The Processor Expert generates the pullup initialization code in the Common_init() function.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

mstroven
Contributor III

Thank you Marek.  This is a workaround, but I have two problems with it.  1)  It is not required for KBI0 pins and 2) My computer hangs whenever I try to open the functional properties tab in the init component...

0 Kudos
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mike,

You are right the Init_KBI component does not work properly for KBI1 device (incorrect pull-ups are enabled for the KBI1 device). I have reported this issue to the Processor Expert development team (PEXMCU-4166).

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

mstroven
Contributor III

Thank you Marek!

0 Kudos