cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK66 for Processor Expert in KDE

luishs
Senior Contributor I

Hello.

I have install Kinetis Design Studio, but when I go to create a new project with Processor Expert, MK66 microcontroller is not available. I have download and install current versión from NXP.

Also I have download Processor Expert alone, and this include MK66.

So, how may I update Processor Expert in KDE to support MK66 microcontroller ???.

Thank you and kind regards

5 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Luis,

KDS itself doesn't support processor expert  for K66. but KSDK 1.3 includes processor expert support for k66.

Thus user need install KSDK1.3.

See the following link:

http://www.nxp.com/products/wireless-connectivity/2.4-ghz-wireless-solutions/ieee-802.15.4-plus-ble/...

and navigate to the Kinetis SDK 1.3 Mainline download link:

pastedImage_1.png

with SDK2 released, we don't encourage user use proessor expert +k66.

If you use KDS with K66, Our recommendation is SDK2.x

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

luishs
Senior Contributor I

Hello again.
Some link with instructions to use SDK2 with KDS ??

I have create a SDK in your web site, for the MK26 but do not know how open and use it in KDS with SDK2.

0 Kudos

luishs
Senior Contributor I

Thank you.
And do you know if MCUXpresso may support also Processor Expert ??

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Luis.

No, MCUXpresso doesn't support processor expert. As I know, there is no plan for it in near future.

Fortunately professor Erich provides solution for it. see

MCUXpresso IDE: Installing Processor Expert into Eclipse Neon | MCU on Eclipse 

Tutorial: Using Eclipse with NXP MCUXpresso SDK v2 and Processor Expert | MCU on Eclipse 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

luishs
Senior Contributor I

Thanks for links, but I have follow instructions to install Processor Expert in MCUXpresso, but after install, I run and do not support MK66 and MK26 Kinetis microcontrollers, just the two microcontrollers I need.

There is some solution ???

Kind Regards

0 Kudos