cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library Integration in KL25Z

ankurmittal
Contributor II

Hi,
I was trying to integrate FreeScale safety library for CM0+ to my Freedom KL25Z development board.

As the library is provided in ".a" format with associated headers, I followed the necessary steps as described in below:

Creating and using Libraries with ARM gcc and Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse 

But when Building the project I receive an error that the Code warrior is not able to locate/ find the library. Please see attached files for error details.

What I am doing wrong ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

taimurwajad123
Contributor III

Hi,

I also wants to integrate the same library in my Codewarrior project. But the library is compiled for IAR compiler.

Can you please help me in this regard?

I shall be very much thankful to you for this. PS: I'm a bit new into this field, sorry for dumb question.

Best Regards

Taimur

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Taimur,

to my knowledge, the IAR libraries are not compatible with the GNU libraries.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

taimurwajad123
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

Thanks for the quick reply. I wants to use NXP safety library in my codewarrior project. I'm using Kinetis K10 with cortex M4. Is there any work around? Can I compile the library manually?

Best Regards

Taimur

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Taimur,

if you do have the library sources, then yes, you can compile them and build your own library.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

taimurwajad123
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

yes, I think I do have the library source file. Can you please provide me the necessarg steps to built my own library?

I have been through this post

Creating and using Libraries with ARM gcc and Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse 

but not able to built the library.

One of my questios is where should I add the library sources, after creating the library project?

and the library contain couple of .S files, and when I compile the sources, I gets compilation errors.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can add the sources like to any other project, that does not matter. Make sure you include with the -I (include header file path) the folder where you have your sources.

As for .S (assembly) files: keep in mind that IAR mostly uses a different syntax than the GNU assembler. So if they are not in the GNU format, you have to port the assembly files.

Erich

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

the Library is missing the 'lib' prefix. The physical file name for the library (in your case) needs to be libIEC60730_Kinetis_CM0_Class_B_v1_1.a

I hope this helps,

Erich

ankurmittal
Contributor II

Thanks for the help Erich. Didn't read the "very important" section in the blog carefully :smileysad:

0 Kudos