Launching failed for new SDK2.0 project.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching failed for new SDK2.0 project.

Jump to solution
peterfurey
Contributor IV

Hi,

I created a new project with KDS 3.1 and KSDK2.0 and I'm using the PEMicro interface debugging but when I try to debug I get the following error:

Error in final launch sequence
Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select remote localhost:7224

Error message from debugger back end:
localhost:7224: The system tried to join a drive to a directory on a joined drive.
localhost:7224: The system tried to join a drive to a directory on a joined drive.

Does this look familiar to anyone?

Thanks,

Peter

Labels (1)
1 Solution
peterfurey
Contributor IV

Hi Erich,

Thanks for the tip. It took me a while but I figured this out, there's a bug in the SDK 2.x Debug Configuration when using the GDB PEMicro Interface Debugging option. When I created a new project via: File->New->Kinetis SDK 2.x Project and then tried to debug using the GDB PEMicro Interface Debugging option, and then go to the Debugger tab the Target is specified as MK64FN1M0xxx12 however the Advanced Options don't get populated so there is no Flash Algorithm Selected. To fix this I hit the Select Device button and selected K64FN1M0M12 for the Target and then the Advanced Options get populated with the appropriate flash algorithm and trim reference frequency etc.

Cheers,

Peter

View solution in original post

13 Replies
zaharr_
Contributor II

Hi Peter,

What version of P&E Plugin are you running on your KDS IDE? You can find it out by going to Help -> About Kinetis Design Studio -> Installation details -> GNU ARM PEMicro Interface Debugging Support?

Best Regards,
Zahar

P&E

0 Kudos
peterfurey
Contributor IV

GNU ARM PEMicro Interface Debugging Support            2.0.8.201504092111                com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne.feature.feature.group              PEMicro Microcomputer Systems

0 Kudos
zaharr_
Contributor II

Hi Peter,

You are using original P&E plugin that came with KDS 3.0 over a year ago. It is a bit outdated and does not synch up with the latest NXP/Freescale device names.

Please pull the latest plugin from P&E update site, and it should most likely resolve the advanced options issue you are seeing. In order to update to the latest P&E plugin, please follow these steps:

1. Go to Help -> Install New Software

2. Selection PEMicro - http://www.pemicro.com/eclipse/updates from the Work with drop down menu

3. Install the latest plugin v2.3.7.

4. Restart your KDS IDE.

Please let me know if this resolves your advanced options dialog not pointing to a FLASH programming algorithm issue.

Best Regards,
Zahar

P&E

peterfurey
Contributor IV

Hi Zahar,

Yes, this resolves the issue.

Thank you very much!

Peter

0 Kudos
zaharr_
Contributor II

Thank you Peter.

I looked at the project you sent me, and see the same issue as I saw on my PC, where the GDB client commands in .launch file are corrupted, which leads to a failure, when P&E debug session is launched.

For an immediate work around, please copy the following text into Commands field of P&E debug configuration.

set mem inaccessible-by-default off
set tcp auto-retry on
set tcp connect-timeout 30

When you hit Apply button, the settings will be written back to the .launch file, overwriting the bad data, and allowing you to successfully launch a debug session.

Best Regards,

Zahar

P&E

0 Kudos
peterfurey
Contributor IV

Hi Zahar,

That is only half the problem, you also need to reselect the device to populate the Advanced options with the appropriate flash algorithm. See above.

Cheers,

Peter

0 Kudos
zaharr_
Contributor II

Hi Peter,

It does look like there is some sort of corruption that takes place in newly created .launch file within SDK 2.x. Can you please email a fresh SDK 2.x project that gets created on your PC, before you manually select the device within P&E debug configuration. Please email it to zahar (dot) raskin (at) pemicro (dot) com and rename the zip file to z_i_p so it does not get blocked by our spam firewall.

Thank you,

Zahar

0 Kudos
peterfurey
Contributor IV

Hi Zahar,

I just emailed you the requested zipped project.

Good luck and thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

that message usually comes up if there is something wrong with the debug/launch configuration, or it cannot find the GDB server.

Maybe you could provide more details or share your launch configuration?

Erich

0 Kudos
peterfurey
Contributor IV

Hi Erich,

Thanks for the tip. It took me a while but I figured this out, there's a bug in the SDK 2.x Debug Configuration when using the GDB PEMicro Interface Debugging option. When I created a new project via: File->New->Kinetis SDK 2.x Project and then tried to debug using the GDB PEMicro Interface Debugging option, and then go to the Debugger tab the Target is specified as MK64FN1M0xxx12 however the Advanced Options don't get populated so there is no Flash Algorithm Selected. To fix this I hit the Select Device button and selected K64FN1M0M12 for the Target and then the Advanced Options get populated with the appropriate flash algorithm and trim reference frequency etc.

Cheers,

Peter

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Petr,

thanks for finding and reporting the cause of this problem. It is strange that I don't see that problem on my machine, but I have sent it to the engineering team for investigation.

Thanks!

Erich

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Peter,

Could you please tell me which board do you use ?And also which demo do you run ?

I can test it on my side .

And does this thread can help you ? https://community.freescale.com/message/618818?et=watches.email.thread#618818

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
peterfurey
Contributor IV

Hi Alice,

I'm using the FRDM-K64F board with a Multilink Universal FX attached to J9 (the 10 pin K64 SWD port).

This works fine when I create a new project with SDK1.2 but not with SDK2.0.

The above thread doesn't help, I had already tracked that problem down and fixed prior to this one.

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos