cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1768 SDK

simplethings
Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I am trying to find if LPC1768 is supported by KDS, what I have seen on Welcome to MCUXpresso | MCUXpresso Config Tools , that there is no LPC1768 under listed devices.

I could only find SDK for mbed, and my board already has mbed bootloader installed. However I would like to install one from PE, so that I can use my board with KDS.

Thank you in advance.

9 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ivan.

KDS only support most of the Kinetis products, it doesn't support LPC family.

To work with LPC1768 , our recommended IDE is MCUXpresso. You can get it from this url:

MCUXpresso IDE|NXP 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

simplethings
Contributor III

Thank you ZhangJennie, may I ask one more question about KDS here or should I open a separated thread?

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ivan.

If you want to ask a new question, I would suggest you open a new thread.

If your question relates with this original question, you could continue ask question here.

Thanks,

Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

simplethings
Contributor III

Well I would like to ask where can I find SDK for LPC1768, I assume I need to download it as I had with KDS.

lpc1768.JPG

Seems like there is no lp1768 on the available board list. I can only find it on "Preinstalled MCUs" but after that I have to choose between multiple wizards, LPCOpen C++, C++ Static ...

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ivan.

There is no MCUXpresso SDK  support LPC1768, so we use LPCOpen library.

Please refer this document of how to create a new LPC project using LPCOpen and MCUXpresso IDE.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-334959 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

simplethings
Contributor III

Thank you Jennie.

On the page you provided I am asked to import the LPCOpen Chip Library for the device used. I couldn't find them in the installation folder of MCUXpresso IDE nor here: LPCOpen Software for LPC17XX|NXP . Where should I get Chip libraries from?

All the best,

Ivan

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ivan.

there is no lpcopen 1768 library. But I know many customer use 1769 as a replacement. you can find it under MCUXpresso install.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

simplethings
Contributor III

Hey Jennie,

thank you one more time. Could you please tell me what bootloader is required for LPC1768 and this IDE. I have mbed bootloader installed, which was preinstalled on the bought board. I do not see any LPC1768 PEMicro bootloader. Also is debugger configuration same as one with KDS?

All the best,

Ivan

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ivan,

I was just back from vacations.

regarding to your question about bootloader, I would suggest you ask LPC engineers here:

https://community.nxp.com/community/lpc 

0 Kudos