Kinetis Design Studio Version: 3.0.0 does have board support for the TWR-K70F120M.   How can I add this?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis Design Studio Version: 3.0.0 does have board support for the TWR-K70F120M.   How can I add this?

la_dsp
Contributor I

In Kinetis Design Studio version 3.0.0,  when I navigate to File->New->Kinetis Project->(project name)Next->Boards(+)->Kinetis(+)  there is board support for several Tower and Freedom boards, but the TWR-K70F120M is not in the list.

Is there a patch or plugin I can install to add board support for the TWR-K70F120M in Kinetis Design Studio?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Angelo,

The boards you see are the ones supported by Kinetis SDK, the TWR-K70F120M is not supported by KSDK but you can still create projects for the K70 MCUs by choosing the part number:

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

la_dsp
Contributor I

Thanks Carlos.

I was hoping that you could suggest an alternate way of getting the TWR-K70F120M profile in the Kinetis Design Studio since it is not included in the SDK.

Will it work if I import a TWR-K70F120M project that I created in CodeWarrior into Kinetis Design Studio?

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Angelo,

Yes, you can import your CodeWarrior project to KDS. Here is a document that might be helpful for you:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/user_guide/KDSPGQS.pdf 

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

johnhirschi
Contributor I

I have the same question, but for the TWR-K65F180M.  There is no K65 option like Angelo's K70 option.

0 Kudos

la_dsp
Contributor I

Hi John, there is support for the TWR-K65F180M in KDS if you update to the latest SDK.   Once you update, you should find the board profile for the TWR-K65F180M listed.   I am also using that tower kit as well, and had to update my SDK in order to get that board profile.

0 Kudos