KDS and KL26Z

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS and KL26Z

jarnoldbrown
Contributor II

As a newcomer to the Kinetis world, trying to use the KL26Z, I'm finding things a bit confusing. It seems that KSDK 2.0 is now available for this processor, although it wasn't when my FRDM PCB was first delivered. I have also read somewhere that "Processor Expert" has been discontinued. I'm thinking that maybe I should remove all of the current KDS installation and start from scratch. Is there a useful guide or tutorial somewhere that I could follow? I have worked, in the past, with the Atmel Studio package. It allows you to add functionallity to your project, you can, for example, start out with a bare-bones project, and then add all the necessary stuff for using the ADC, say. All the required headers and source files are than added to the project, and the make is updated accordingly(and the documentation is also added). Is there anything similar in KDS, or does one have to figure out everything that might be required before starting?

Any help or advice appreciated.

John

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You don't have to remove/uninstall things (as long as you have KDS v3.x)

I just wrote a tutorial here:

Tutorial: Blinky with the FRDM-KL27Z and Kinetis SDK v2 | MCU on Eclipse

which would apply to the KL26Z too.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

jarnoldbrown
Contributor II

Thanks, Erich. I will take a look.

0 Kudos

jarnoldbrown
Contributor II

No, SDK2 is still greyed out for the KL26Z.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John,

KSDK v2 support for the KL26Z devices is planned to be released in early May, you can find more information about the currently supported devices and the plans for additional releases on this link:

Introducing Kinetis SDK v2

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

jarnoldbrown
Contributor II

Thanks.

Not really very helpful. I don't want to wait until early May to start this project, and I don't really want to switch horses in mid stream. Pretty certain I was told end of March a week or so ago.

Trouble with KDS and FRDM-KL26Z

Hey ho...

0 Kudos