Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS File Save problem

Jump to solution
colinhoward
Contributor I

Hi

Having traditionally been a Codewarrior Classic fan I've only just taken the big leap into the wonderful world of KDS and Eclipse. 15 minutes into using KDS and I'm already hitting cryptic error messages!

When I try to build it is complaining it "Could not save the project location". (see below)  I can see that the directory Static_Code\PDD has been created (W:\KinetisDesignStudio\HEVAC\Hevac1\Static_Code\PDD) but the directory is empty.

As an experiment, if I try and save one of the files manually "ie File->Save As" without changing the name then it reports that the file already exists, even though it does not appear in Windows Explorer.  If I add a prefix, such as _PORT_PDD.h then I can save it and it appears in Explorer. 

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks

Colin

14291_14291.pngKDS Issue1.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Colin,

I have not had this issue with KDS (yet).

On other tools I have had this issue if I installed the tool into the "c:\Program Files" path on a Windows 7 machine.  That path has extra permissions that can cause your issue.

Is your install of KDS in that path?

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Colin,

I have not had this issue with KDS (yet).

On other tools I have had this issue if I installed the tool into the "c:\Program Files" path on a Windows 7 machine.  That path has extra permissions that can cause your issue.

Is your install of KDS in that path?

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
colinhoward
Contributor I

Hi David

Thanks for your help.  It is a Windows 7 install and we generally install our program files on a different partition to C drive. I uninstalled and reinstalled using the default C:\Freescale path and so far everything looks good.  It may have been a Permissions issue on our Programs drive but I'll look into that another day!

Cheers,

Colin

0 Kudos
lvw
Contributor II

On Windows 7, I made a directory "C:\Programs". I installed all Freescale softwares (CW,MQX,KDS) in C:\Programs\Freescale. No problems.

0 Kudos