cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Components that reference KSDK

danielhurowitz
Contributor I

Hi,

I've been encountering an issue when adding new processor expert components. 

I am working with PE + KSDK 1.3. 

I imported a project (developed on a different computer) and added a the xformat component.

It forces me to reference a kinets SDK 1.3 component (i.e. KSDK1.h). I want to avoid this (on the other PC, this does not occur).

Is it possible?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

first: make sure you are using the latest components:

McuOnEclipse Components: 25-Sept-2017 Release | MCU on Eclipse 

Additionally, from your screenshot I see that you are using the 'tabs' view: I recommend to use the 'classic view' as it is much more convenient and you have access to all features in the classic (or no-tabs) view, see Switching between ‘tabs’ and ‘no-tabs’ UI in Processor Expert | MCU on Eclipse .

About the SDK: The thing is that this tells the component which SDK (Software development kit) or API to use. It is not Kinetis SDK specific, as the (new) McuLibConfig component allows you to select the API you want to use: Processor Expert API, Kinetis SDK or the new MCUXpresso SDK:

pastedImage_3.png

There is even a 'generic' API in case you want to use your own or custom low level API.

The reason for this is to allow the Processor Expert code to work with virtually unlimited SDKs and APIs. The challenge is that every API is different and likely to change, and the component needs to include the correct low level and standard header files. This is managed through the McuLib component, and that's why that library config component is referenced from other components:

pastedImage_4.png

Note that there was previously a 'KinetisSDK' component: this one is legacy now, because as explained above, it is not depending on the Kinetis SDK any more.

I hope this makes sense.

Erich

danielhurowitz
Contributor I

Thank you Erich! Very helpful and informative, especially the no tabs view.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Daniel Hurowitz ,

What about the "xformat component " ?

Is it a standalone component ? If yes, I think yes, as long as compatible with KSDK lib.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

danielhurowitz
Contributor I

Let ne clarify.  was added from the component repository. This happened also with other components, such as "wait". How do I add them without referencing ksdk?

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos