Bare bones assembly

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bare bones assembly

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

Is there a way, short of invoking the Gnu assembler and linker directly through command line, of making an assembly-only bare bones KDS project?  No startup libraries, no nothing.  Older versions of CodeWarrior had an option to do this.

Labels (1)
2 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David,

Do you want to call the compiler/assembler/linker directly outside Eclipse ?

The tool chain is installed on the folder \KDS_1.1.0\toolchain\bin.

You can call them through a .bat file for instance.

Have a great day,
Pascal Irrle

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

No, that is not my question.  As I said, I know I can invoke the assembler and linker outside of KDS, and I have done that successfully.  My question is if there is a way to make a very basic project in KDS that builds a ROM from a single assembly source and still allows you to debug without having to invoke the assembler and linker from a .bat file.  Even the most basic KDS project still links in startup libraries, and it creates some C source with a main function.  If I take out the C source file, it won't build because it can't find a main function.  Code Warrior had the option to do this.